The Client Information tool provides several types of information and available actions regarding the ConfigMgr client.
This tool completes the lookup of this data via Remote WMI, Remote SMB, Registry, and Filesystem. There are a selection of permissions required, see the Permission section on this page for more details.
Navigate to the Client Information tool by right clicking on a Device Object, selecting Recast RCT, then Client Tools, and finally selecting Client Information.
There are several tabs and available actions for the Client Information tool. These include:
- General details about the Client including: Client Version, Site Code, HTTP/HTTPS Ports, Management Point, Internet Management Point, Proxy Management Point, DNS, Server Locator Port, and GUID.
- A detailed table of the different Components, their version, and whether or not they are enabled.
- This section shows both general information about the cache (Path, Size, and Used Space.)
- Clicking on the cache select box enables the ability to clear the cache or change the cache size.
- Cache Details shows the content that currently exists in the cache. If will tell the content name (or Orphaned Content if the original no longer exists in ConfigMgr).
- Selecting an item in the cache will enable the ability to delete the content or browse to the content location.
- This section has a table of the applications installed on the Client. It includes the Name, Publisher, Install State, Status, Version, and Last Evaluation Date/Time.
- Clicking on an application reveals the button to Install or Uninstall applications.
- This section has a table of past program, package, and task sequence executions with relevant data. The table includes Name, User, State, PackageID, Start Date/Time, Error Codes, and Error Reason.
- This section shows Boundaries and Boundary Groups information.
|ConfigMgr Client||Client Information|
|ConfigMgr Client||Deployed Applications|
|ConfigMgr Client||Install Application|
|ConfigMgr Client||Uninstall Application|
|ConfigMgr Client||Change Cache Size|
|ConfigMgr Client||Remove Items From Cache|
|Installed Software||List Software|
|Installed Software||Uninstall Software|
- This action requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permission to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr. If using a Recast Management Server with service account, the service account requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permissions to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr. This tool uses remote WMI. Remote SMB is used when the Open in Explorer right click option is used from the Cache tab.