The Install Missing Software Updates tool displays required or available software updates that are not currently installed on a device, allowing a user to select and install them on a remote device. This tool can be run on single devices, multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed to be run on a device collection.
NOTE: This tool will not deploy updates. It will install updates that have already been deployed.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Remote Software Center.
NOTE: In v4.x, this tool is found under Right Click Tools > Client Tools > Install Missing Software Updates and redirects to Remote Software Center.
3. On the Software Updates tab, select the desired updates and click Install.
After kicking off the remote install, the tool displays progress (of the kick-off, not the installation itself). Devices are sorted according to success.
|ConfigMgr Client||Install Software Updates|
- This tool requires administrator permission on the remote device.
- If using a Recast Management Server with service account, the service account needs administrator permission on the remote device.
- This tool uses remote WMI.