The Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle tool re-evaluates the requirement rules for all deployments. For applications that are required but not installed, running this tool will prompt ConfigMgr to trigger a re-install. The default ConfigMgr runtime is 7 days.
This action can be run on device collections, or with a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected devices.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
NOTE: The target devices must be powered on to successfully initiate an Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle.
When the action is run, the following dialog box opens:
|ConfigMgr Client||Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device (if using Recast RCT Community or a Recast Server in impersonation mode).
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo will also need to be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.