You can grant users and groups Recast permissions by assigning an administrator role. Your Recast software must be connected to Recast Management Server to set up role-based permissions.
Add Active Directory User or User Group
To add an AD user or user group:
1. In your Recast Management Server, navigate to Administration > Permissions.
2. In the main window, click Add User or Add Group.
3. In the window that opens, search for your AD name or AD user group and click the Add button.
NOTE: You can include a wildcard (*) to facilitate your search.Wildcard examples:
- John Connor returns strings that match exactly
- John C* returns strings beginning with 'John C', such as 'John Connor', 'John Connors', and 'John Cranston'
- *Connor returns strings ending with 'Connor', such as 'John Connor' and 'Carol O'Connor'
- *Support* returns strings that include 'Support' plus whatever is on the left and right, such as 'Customer Support Team' and 'Enterprise Support Group'
Assign User a Role
A user must be assigned at least one role.
To assign a user an administrator's role:
1. On the Permissions page, click the Edit icon to the right of the user.
2. Under Role Assignments, select Administrators.
3. To limit the user's permissions to a set of devices, enable Limit this user to specific objects and select a Service Connection.
4. If desired, set a specific Refresh Interval for repopulating scopes. A longer interval uses fewer resources but also detects new users and devices less frequently.
5. Click Save.