If you've recently upgraded to version 2207 of Configuration Manager, you may be experiencing compatibility issues with Right Click Tools.
Indications of the problem:
- Method not found error when attempting to run a dashboard
- Right Click Tools actions not working when the Run in ConfigMgr Console Process option is selected in the Configure Recast RCT application
- Configuration Manager console crashes when right-clicking on devices returned by dashboards
If not currently planning an upgrade to v5.0 BETA, try the Troubleshooting & Work-around steps below.
- Ensure that Run in ConfigMgr Console Process is disabled on the General tab in the Configure Recast RCT application.
- Add the following text to the <runtime> area of the configuration file located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Endpoint Manager\AdminConsole\bin\Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe.config. The text must be added to the configuration file anywhere the console is installed. Making this change on the Recast Management Server will not resolve the issue locally.
<assemblyIdentity name="System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions" publicKeyToken="cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" culture="neutral" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-184.108.40.206" newVersion="220.127.116.11" />
- Export to CSV: After running a dashboard, click Export to CSV in the bottom right corner of your dashboard to export the results in the table which includes your column headers.
- Use Right Click Tool actions outside of the dashboards: Right-click directly on a device, user, or collection to access your Right Click Tools menu and launch any action.
- Combine these two strategies: Use the Export to CSV option from the dashboards then right-click on the desired devices (outside of the dashboards) to perform actions.