- SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Power BI report server
- Reporting Services Point enabled and configured in your Configuration Manager environment
- Recast Management Server and Recast Proxy, required to collect warranty information
You can download the latest installers for Endpoint Insights by logging into the Recast Portal.
If you are installing Endpoint Insights on a Configuration Manager server that is not connected to the internet, download the associated license file.
Endpoint Insights must be installed on your Configuration Manager server. Connecting the software to the Recast Management Server allows you to fully utilize Endpoint Insights.
To install Endpoint Insights:
1. Run the Endpoint Insights installer.
2. Enter the Server Name and Server Port.
3. Click Test Connection. When connected, click Next.
4. If you don't want to collect warranty information, enable Recast Management Server is not installed.
5. Click Install.
6. Enable Allow Telemetry data to allow usage data collection (optional). Click Next.
7. On the Import License page, enter your Recast Portal credentials, or browse to a previously downloaded license file.
NOTE: The Import License page will not appear if licensing was configured during Recast Management Server installation.
8. Click Install.
The Endpoint Insights System Checks will run and report any issues with installing Endpoint Insights in your environment.
If MIF Size displays as an issue you can increase the MIF size. To learn more, see Change the Maximum File Size of a MIF.
Setting Endpoint Insights Options
On the options page, you can choose Endpoint Insight settings.
1. Select Configure hardware inventory to import ER settings to upgrade from Enhansoft Reporting to Recast Endpoint Insights.
2. Select Create Application to automatically create the Recast Agent application in Configuration Manager.
3. Select Create Reports to create the reports that display data collected by Endpoint Insights.
4. De-select Do not create RBA reports only if your organization does not require role-based access on the Endpoint Insights reports.
5. Enter a SSRS Reader Group to give an Active Directory group access to read SSRS reports. To leave the SSRS Reader Group field blank, click No when prompted.
6. Verify that the Reporting Services Connection String, Report Folder and SQL Port are correct for your environment and click Next.
7. De-select any report categories to exclude from this installation and click Next.
When setup completes, configure Asset Intelligence in your Configuration Manager to ensure that all data is returned to Endpoint Insights. For more information, see Configuring Asset Intelligence.