The Software Updates Scan Cycle initiates a scan just after a software update installation to confirm that the update is no longer required. This action also creates a new state message that the update has been installed.
This action can be run on device collections, or using a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected devices.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > Software Updates Scan Cycle.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
|ConfigMgr Client||Software Updates Scan Cycle|
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.