The Restart Collection tool initiates a restart of a targeted collection.
This action can be run on device collections. A similar tool runs this action on single and multi-selected devices.
To run the tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Console Tools on Collection > Restart Collection.
3. In the Shutdown / Restart Tool window, choose to Restart Device, Give user a prompt to cancel, or Skip Restart when a user is logged in while attempting the restart action.
4. Set a Delay (in seconds) before restart.
5. Customize the Message to display prior to restart (optional).
6. Click Start to initiate restart sequence.
The window that opens shows progress and completion according to success or failure.
- Requires administrative access on the target computer.