This tool pulls a variety of system information and allows several right click actions.
Navigate to the System Information tool by right clicking on a Device Object, selecting Recast RCT, then Console Tools, and finally selecting System Information.
There are several tabs and available actions for the System Information tool. These include:
- The Operating System Tab displays details about the operating system including OS Version, Install Date, Domain, Console User, Last Boot Time and computer information including Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, BIOS Version and BIOS Release Date.
- The Hardware Tab displays details about the hardware of the computer, including the Name, Serial Number, MAC Address, BIOS version and BIOS Release Date
- The Programs Tab displays a detailed table of the different programs including their Name, Publisher, Architecture, and Version Number.
- Clicking the select box on an application will give you the opportunity to uninstall the application.
- This section shows information on Windows Updates, such as the corresponding KB article, Description, When the update was installed and who it was installed by.
- Clicking on an KB name will open the support.microsoft.com page about that particular KB.
- This section has the Status Startup Type and Description of each service for a device.
- Clicking on a service provides options to start, stop, or restart the service and specify the startup type for the service.
- This section shows information about the device's drivers such as Device Name, Device Class, Driver Date, Driver Version, Signed status and Device ID.
- This section shows information on the user profiles that have signed onto the device including Last Used, In WMI, In Registry, Profile Path Exists and SID.
- Clicking on a profile will enable the Delete button to delete the selected profile.
- This sections shows information about the user sessions on the device.
- Clicking on a user session will enable the Logoff button to log off the selected user session.
- This section shows Group Name, Member Domain and Member Name for each Local Group.
- Selecting a Group or Group Member enables the delete button.
- This section shows Battery information such as Status, Type, Condition and Estimated Charge Remaining.
- When running System Information against multiple devices or a collection, each of the devices will be represented in the results and can be multi-selected as desired.
|Installed Software||List Software|
|Installed Software||Uninstall Software|
|Services||Change Start Mode Manual|
|Services||Change Start Mode Disabled|
|Services||Change Start Mode Automatic Delayed Start|
|System Information||Update Local Group Membership|
|System Information||Delete Profile|
|System Information||Read Only|
- This tool requires local administrator permission on the remote device. If using a Recast Server with service account, the service account needs local administrator permission on the remote device. This action uses remote WMI and remote registry to gather data and perform actions on the remote machine.