The State Message Cache Cleanup clears state messages that are cached on the ConfigMgr Client.
This action can be run on device collections, or using a similar tool designed for single and multi-selected devices.
To run this tool:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, right-click on a device collection.
2. Click Right Click Tools > Client Actions on Collection > State Message Cache Cleanup.
The window that opens displays progress and successful completion.
- Requires the State Message Cache Cleanup permission on the ConfigMgr Client.
- Requires that the target device has a working ConfigMgr client installed.
- Requires that the user running the ConfigMgr console has administrative access to the remote device.
- Remote WMI ports must be allowed through the firewall.
- If the 'Ping Computer Before Running Tools' option is set, ICMP Echo must be allowed through the firewall.
- If using a Recast Management Server with a proxy, the service account will need administrator permissions on the remote device.
One way around some of the permissions requirements and firewall rules is installing a Recast Agent.