Recast Proxy is a service that runs under a service account. It can be installed during the installation of the Recast Management Server (RMS) or you can install it after on the same server as RMS or on a different server.
What can Recast Proxy be used for?
- Elevate permissions using a service account
- Populate web dashboards in Recast Management Server
- Populate scopes (required for fast channel/cloud management gateway and RMS permissions)
- Collect warranty information for Endpoint Insights
- Run actions against devices in a different domain
- Schedule builder actions and kiosk profile deployments