The Software Updates Deployment Status (SUDS) Dashboard displays the update compliance for each update classification in your environment. It allows you to obtain detailed information about each update classification and take action on devices as needed.
The global list of updates is populated from SMS_SoftwareUpdate (WMI). The list of required/missing updates that are not in the Updates classification or the Office 365 Client product category is populated from SMS_UpdateComplianceStatus (WMI) or v_Update_ComplianceStatus (SQL, if configured).
To scan devices for update compliance:
1. In your Configuration Manager console, navigate to Assets and Compliance > Recast Software > Software Update Deployment Status.
2. Select filtering options. Results can be filtered by Collection, Software Update Group(s), Deployed Updates, Update Date and Update Type.
3. Click Start.
Device Compliance Status: Shows devices according to whether they have reported their compliance to Configuration Manager based on the selected criteria.
- Unknown devices have not reported compliance data to ConfigMgr. This can occur if devices have not checked in since updates were deployed, if devices are no longer the network, or if devices are not able to communicate to the ConfigMgr servers for some other reason.
- When zero update compliance info is found, a device is listed as Unknown.
- When a single non-compliant update is found, the device is listed as Non-compliant.
- Otherwise, updates are listed as Compliant.
Missing Updates By Category: Displays objects according to software update. As with the other dashboards, selecting any part of a chart will populate a list of the associated devices in the bottom pane.
Click on a segment of the chart or legend to view details in the bottom section.
Download results by clicking Export to CSV at the bottom right of the page.
NOTE: This chart includes an additional level of information about each update on each device. The extra level can be accessed by clicking the down arrow to the left of each device in the chart.
As with all RCT Security and Compliance Dashboards, these results are actionable with Right Click Tools (and support multi-select).
From this dashboard you can access Remote Software Center to install missing updates on selected devices.
No additional permissions are required.
The Software Update Deployment Status dashboard requires read rights to device collections for the Collection drop-down. It will need permissions to query devices within those collections. In addition, it will need read permissions to Software Updates and Software Update groups within Configuration Manager.