You can install the Recast Management Server by double-clicking on the installer.
1. When the Recast Management Server Setup Wizard open, click Next.
2. The server name where you are installing the Recast Management Server should appear in the Server Name section, you can choose the IIS port you would like to use for communication in your environment. We default to 444 because if the RMS is installed on a ConfigMgr server, 443 is already in use by ConfigMgr.
3. Select the Certificate Configuration for the server communication. You can select an existing certificate if you are sure it is an IIS Certificate with modern encryption. If you are not sure, have the installer generate a self-signed certificate. With a self-signed certificate when users connect their Right Click Tools to the Recast Management Server the first time they will be presented with a dialog box asking if they would like to trust the self-signed certificate. If they select yes, they will not need to do any additional actions.
NOTE: If your Recast Management Server is using a self-signed certificate, you'll need to import the certificate into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities Store on all devices that will have Recast Agents. For instructions on importing a certificate to a local machine, see Certificate used by Recast Management Server is not trusted.
4. Set the SQL information from the SQL instance we installed earlier. If you used the default information from the install instructions above, your SQL Configuration page will look like the one below. Click “Test SQL Connection” to verify that you can connect to the SQL installation.
5. Import your License information. You can either download the license file from https://portal.recastsoftware.com or enter your Email address and Password from the portal to load your license.
6. Enter the Service Account information you would like to use for the Recast Proxy. Note that the proxy MUST be installed for scheduling of Builder/Kiosk Manager actions or to have Right Click Tools actions run as a Service Account. Proxy is also required to access Web Dashboards in the Recast Management Server. Also note that the Service Account that you use for the Recast Proxy must have at least full read permission to Active Directory and Configuration Manager. It must also have the ability to read directly from the ConfigMgr SQL database, as well as the MBAM Database if it exists. It is recommended that you install the Proxy during your POC.
7. The next window will verify that your Proxy Service Account has permission to read from Active Directory. When you click Test Domain Connection, it should read Success when completed successfully.
8. The next window is verifying that your Proxy Service Account has permissions to read from your Configuration Manager installation. Note that your Service Account must have permission as at least a Read Only Analyst in Configuration Manager, and must be allowed to read from the ConfigMgr Database directly.
9. If you have STANDALONE MBAM in your environment, click on the greyed out screen to enter information about your MBAM installation. Otherwise, click Install.
10. The MBAM Configuration window checks that your Proxy Service Account has permission to read from the MBAM database.
11. Click Install when the test is successful.
When Management Server installation completes, you can click on the highlighted link to go to the management server URL, or you can click Finish and paste the URL into a modern (NOT IE) browser.
You are ready to move on to Configuring your Recast Management Server.