Upgrading to the latest release of Right Click Tools lets you take advantage of new features, performance improvements and bug fixes.
You can download the most recent version from the Recast Portal. All Right Click Tools components, including Recast Management Server, Recast Agent, and Recast Proxy, can be installed right over the existing version.
NOTE: To upgrade Right Click Tools versions older than 4.x, Recast recommends uninstalling the old version before installing a newer release.
When Recast Management Server and Recast Proxy are installed on the same computer, both are updated when you run the Recast Management Server installer. Recast Agent and Right Click Tools (even if installed on the same computer) must be updated separately.
To install the upgrade:
1. Double-click the downloaded installation file.
2. In the installer, click Next and Yes when prompted.
3. Click Finish.
4. Verify the upgrade is complete within Programs and Features.
Enabling Software Update Notifications
By default, your Right Click tools will display a notification whenever a new software version is released. You can view or change your notification settings in either the Recast Management Server interface or the Configure Recast RCT application.
To change your notification settings in Recast Management Server:
1. Open your Recast Management Server.
2. Navigate to Settings > Settings.
3. Set DisplayUpdatePromptsToUsers to 'true' or 'false' depending on whether you want to be notified when Recast Software releases a software update that includes new features and bug fixes.
4. Set DisplayBugfixUpdatePromptsToUsers to 'true' or 'false' depending on whether you want to be notified when Recast Software releases a software update that includes only bug fixes.
To change your notification settings in Configure Recast RCT:
1. From the Windows Start menu, open the Configure Recast RCT application.
NOTE: You can also access Configure Recast RCT from your Configuration Manager console by navigating to the Recast Software node and selecting Configure Recast in the 'How Can We Help?' section.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Enable or disable Automatically Check For Updates.
4. Click Save to apply your changes.
Uninstalling a Right Click Tools Update
If ever required, you can revert to a previous version of Right Click Tools by downloading an archived release and installing it over the more recent software version.
To download an archived release:
1. Log into the Recast Portal.
2. Click the Resources tab and select Archived Releases.
3. In the Download column, click the blue download icon for the software version you want to install.