The following system requirements must be in place to successfully install Shift Left.
- ServiceNow has imported User data from Active Directory (for Shift Left user actions)
- ServiceNow has imported Device data from Configuration Manager (for Shift Left device actions)
Shift Left is currently certified up to the Tokyo release of ServiceNow. Certified Shift Left versions are also available for some previous ServiceNow releases: San Diego, Rome, Quebec, Paris
Please be advised that Shift Left isn't compatible with the ServiceNow Agent Workspace interface at this time.
For more information about the ServiceNow MID Server, see this ServiceNow article.
The MID Server Component service account requires the following permissions:
- Reset password permissions in Active Directory
- Local admin rights on any devices the Shift Left actions will be run against
- Read permissions in Configuration Manager
Shift Left requires Read/Write or Read Only permissions for the following system tables:
- incident: Add work note
- ecc_queue: Add mid server command line call for each RecastProxy.CommandLine call
- sys_dictionary: Add buttons to incident form
Read Only Permissions
- sys_user: Source field (parses user domain); Username
- ecc_agent: Check mid server status
- cmdb_ci_computer: Device name; OS_domain
To install Shift Left, you'll need to download the Shift Left application from ServiceNow and then install the Shift Left MID Server Component.
For a video about these installation steps, see Shift Left Installation Walk-Through on Recast Software's YouTube channel.
Download the Shift Left Application from the ServiceNow Store
Install the Shift Left MID Server Component
NOTE: You need to be on the MID Server when downloading the MID Server Component, or move the downloaded installer file to the MID Server and install from there.
To download and install the MID Server Component on your ServiceNow MID Server:
1. Download the Shift Left MID Server Component from the Recast Portal.
NOTE: Previous MID Server Component versions can be found under Resources > Archived Releases.
2. Run the MID Server Component installer.
3. When the Setup Wizard opens, click Next.
4. In the Import License window, enter your Recast Portal Email address and Password and click Download License. The license expiration and user count will appear if the retrieval was successful.
NOTE: If the computer where you are installing the component does not have internet access, click Browse for License to find the license file exported from the Portal.
5. Click Install.
6. Once the installation completes, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.