After installing Right Click Tools Enterprise with Recast Management Server, you'll need to set up some services that are required for Right Click Tools to work as a Configuration Manager console extension. Then you can configure role-based permissions, as well as Recast Proxies and Agents, in the Recast Management Server interface.
Recommended Configuration Workflow for RCT with RMS
2. If Recast Management Server was installed with Recast Proxy, verify that your service connections were detected during RMS installation.
4. Assign roles to users.
6. Set up Recast Agents, if using.
On the Recast Management Server Settings page, you can select options for many plugins and for global settings that don't belong to a specific plugin.
To edit a setting, click the Edit icon to the right of the setting.
- MaximumLapsExpirationTime: The maximum time out that you can set the LAPS password expiration. This eliminates the possibility of a user accidentally setting a LAPS password to expire too far into the future. Default expiration time: 30:0:0:0.
- NumberOfPackets: Sets the number of WoL packets to send when trying to wake up devices. Default number of packets: 1.
- Unicast: Determines if WoL packets are sent with unicast or subnet directed broadcasts. Default setting: false.
- WakeOnLanPort: Sets the UDP port from which WoL packets will be sent. Default UDP port: 9.
Includes settings that don’t belong to a specific plugin.
- DisplayLicensePromptsToUsers: When enabled, end users see a license expiry warning in the Configuration Manager console if the Recast license is set to expire within 30 days. Default setting: false.
- DisplayUpdatePromptsToUsers: When enabled, end users see an update notification in the Configuration Manager console if Recast Software has released a newer software version. Default setting: true.
- DisplayBugfixUpdatePromptsToUsers: When enabled, end users see an update notification in the Configuration Manager console if Recast Software has released a newer minor software version that includes only bug fixes. Default setting: false.
- DNSReverseLookup: Uses a DNS reverse lookup on the IP address that was returned by the ICMP echo request to make sure the device you’re hitting is correct. This setting is disabled by default as reverse lookups aren’t configured in default DNS installations. Default setting: false.
- MaxAuditLogAge: Sets the amount of time to save audit log entries.
- MaxSnapshotAge: Sets the amount of time to save snapshot entries.
- PingComputerBeforeRunningTools: Sends an ICMP Echo request to devices to check if the machine is on before running an action. This is a performance enhancement so Right Click Tools doesn't need to wait for WMI timeouts when devices are turned off. This setting should be disabled if ICMP echo is not allowed in your environment. Default setting: true.
- ProvideAnalyticsDataToRecast: Allows Right Click Tools to send crash reports and tool usage data to Recast Software. No identifiable information is sent to Recast Software. Default setting: true.
- UseFQDN: Determines if Right Click Tools uses the FQDN when attempting to run actions on computers. Default setting: true.
- UseIPInsteadOfComputerName: Determines if Right Click Tools uses the IP to attempt to run an action rather than the computer name. Default setting: false.
- VerifyComputerNameViaWMI: Queries WMI to determine if the computer name matches prior to running an action. Default setting: false.
- EnablePSRemoting: When a Run Script action is run in Recast Builder, this setting determines if that action tries to enable PS Remoting on the remote device, if required. Default setting: false.
Recast Management Server
- Recast Agent Approval: Sets the approval behavior when a Recast Agent connects to the Recast Management Server. Default behavior is to approve for: TrustedDomain.
- Recast Agent Gateway Approval: Sets the approval behavior when a Recast Agent Gateway connects to the Recast Management Server. Default behavior is to approve for: TrustedDomain.
- Recast Proxy Approval: Sets the approval behavior when a Recast Proxy connects to the Recast Management Server. Default behavior is to approve for: TrustedDomain.
- Enable Remote Registry: Allows Right Click Tools to enable the remote registry service when the registry plugin tries to connect to the registry of a device via Recast Builder actions. Default setting: false.
- ServiceNowInstanceURL: Adds a ServiceNow web address, allowing your Recast Management Server to connect.
- TaskResultMaxAge: Sets the length of time that task results are stored. Default maximum age (in days): 30.