Installing Endpoint Insights
Endpoint Insights must be installed on your ConfigMgr server.
- SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Power BI report server
- Reporting Services Point enabled and configured in your ConfigMgr environment
- Recast Management Server and Recast Proxy is required to collect warranty information (not required for non-warranty related reports)
You can download the latest installers for Endpoint Insights by logging into the Recast Portal site at: https://portal.recastsoftware.com/
If you are installing on a ConfigMgr Site Server that is not connected to the internet, you should also download the associated license file.
Start the Endpoint Insights Installer
We highly recommended you connect to Recast Management server in order to utilize the full potential of Endpoint Insights. To do so, enter the Server Name and Server Port when prompted, click "Test Connection", and then next if the test was successful. If you don't want to collect warranty information, you can select "Recast Management Server is not installed".
Check/uncheck the box for "Allow Telemetry data" to allow or deny usage data collection and click next.
Then enter your Recast Portal Credentials, or browse to a previously downloaded license file
The Endpoint Insights System Check will run, and will show if there might be any issues with installing Endpoint Insights in your environment.
If you are receive the same yellow MIF size verification note as above, information about remediating this situation is located here: Change the Maximum MIF Size
After checks are complete, you will be presented with an options page
- Configure hardware inventory to import ER settings: Select this to upgrade from Enhansoft Reporting to Recast Endpoint Insights
- Create Application: Select this to automatically create the Recast Agent application in Configuration Manager
- Create Reports: Select this option to create the reports that display data collected by Endpoint Insights
- Do not create RBA reports: Most organizations do not need role-based access on the Endpoint Insights reports, but if you do, uncheck this box
- SSRS Reader Group: Specifies the AD group with access to read SSRS reports
If you don't want to grant reader access to a specific group, you can leave the SSRS Reader Group field blank and click "No" when prompted.
When prompted, verify that Reporting Services connection string, server and port are correct for your environment.
When prompted, unselect any report categories you’d like to exclude from this deployment.
You must also configure Asset Intelligence in ConfigMgr to make sure that all data is returned to Endpoint Insights. Information about configuring Asset Intelligence is located here: Configure Asset Intelligence