While the ApplicationAdmin role grants access to all Shift Left actions, all other roles limit access to actions, allowing you to specify a set of permissions for individual users or groups.
If a user is assigned a ApplicationAdmin role, Shift Left buttons will appear in the ServiceNow incident form next to the Caller and Configuration item fields. If a user is granted a limited set of roles, they'll only see buttons for actions they can run. If a user isn't assigned any roles, they won't see any Shift Left buttons on incident forms.
To assign Shift Left roles to users:
1. In ServiceNow, open Organization - Users.
2. Select a user or user group.
3. On the Roles tab, click Edit.
4. On the Edit Members page, search for
x in the Collection list to view all available Shift Left roles. Shift Left roles all begin with
5. Select roles for the user and move each from the Collection to the Roles List by clicking the right-facing arrow.
6. Click Save.