Installing Endpoint Insights
- Sql Server Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Point enabled and configured in your ConfigMgr environment
- Recast Management Server (Optional)
Download the newest version of Endpoint Insights
You can download the latest installers for Endpoint Insights by logging into the Recast Portal site at: https://portal.recastsoftware.com/
If you are installing on a ConfigMgr Site Server that is not connected to the internet, you should also download the associated license file.
Install Endpoint Insights
Start the Endpoint Insights Installer
If you would like to connect to a Recast Management server, enter the Server Name and Server Port, if not select "Recast Management Server is not installed"
Then enter your Recast Portal Credentials, or browse to a previously downloaded license file
The Endpoint Ensights System Check will run, and will show if there might be any issues with installing Endpoint Insights in your environment.
If you are receive the same yellow MIF size verification note as above, information about remediating this situation is located here: Change the Maximum MIF Size
After checks are complete, you will be presented with an options page
- Configure hardware inventory to import ER settings: Select this to upgrade from Enhansoft Reporting to Recast Endpoint Insights
- Create Application: Select this to automatically create the Recast Agent application in Configuration Manager
- Create Reports: Select this option to create the reports that display data collected by Endpoint Insights
- Do not create RBA reports: Most organizations do not need role-based access on the Endpoint Insights reports, but if you do, uncheck this box
- SSRS Reader Group: Specifies the AD group with access to read SSRS reports
When prompted, verify that Reporting Services connection string, server and port are correct for your environment.
When prompted, unselect any report categories you’d like to exclude from this deployment
You must also configure Asset Intelligence in ConfigMgr to make sure that all data is returned to Endpoint Insights. Information about configuring Asset Intelligence is located here: Configure Asset Intelligence
Deploy the Recast Agent
- Open the Configugration Manager Console and navigate to Software Library -> Application Management -> Applications a new application named "RecastAgent will have been created.
- Deploy the Agent application to your endpoints as desired. Note: this is required for the full
Review the Reports
- Recast Agents will take time to deploy and report their data back to the ConfigMgr database. By default this can take up to two weeks, shortening the time to install and increasing the frequency of reporting back to ConfigMgr can shorten this time significantly.
- Open the ConfigMgr Console, navigate to Monitoring -> Reporting -> Reports -> Endpoint Insights to view the Endpoint Insights Reports