Console Tools: Wake On LAN
What it does:
How it does it:
Add reason here...
Navigate to the Wake On LAN Tool by right clicking on a device, selecting Recast RCT > Console Tools > Wake On LAN:
When the action is run, the following dialog box will open:
The WOL tool requires the following permissions:
- This action requires the Wake on LAN permission in the ConfigMgr Server plugin.
- This action requires some setup in your environment. If using the subnet directed broadcast option, the routers in your environment will need to allow these types of packets from your Recast installations. If using a Recast Server, these packets will need to be allowed from the Recast Server. When using unicast mode, some switches may need to be configured to forward UDP packets
- Wake on LAN settings can be configured in Configure Recast RCT menu:
- If using a Recast Server, the Wake on LAN settings can be configured via the settings section of the Recast Management Server.
The ability to schedule Wake on LAN packets is available in Recast RCT Enterprise
- Scheduling Wake on LAN packets requires the Schedule Task permission in the Task Scheduler plugin.