Console Tools: System Information
What it does:
This tool pulls a variety of system information and allows several right click actions.
How it does it:
Navigate to the System Information tool by right clicking on a Device Object, selecting Recast RCT, then Console Tools, and finally selecting System Information.
There are several tabs and available actions for the System Information tool. These include:
- General details about the operating system including OS Version, Install Date, Domain, Console User, Last Boot Time and computer information including Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, BIOS Version and BIOS Release Date.
- A detailed table of the different programs including their Name and Version Number.
- Right clicking on a program provides the option to uninstall.
- This section shows information on Windows Updates, such as the installed date and hotfix ID.
- Right clicking on an update provides the the option of opening the corresponding KB article.
- This section has the Status Startup Type and Description of each service for a device.
- Right clicking on a service provides options to start, restart and specify the startup type for the service.
- This section shows information about the device's drivers such as Device Class, Driver Date, Signed status and Device ID.
- This section shows information on the user profiles that have signed onto the device including Last Used, In WMI, In Registry, Profile Path Exists and SID.
- This section shows Group Name, Member Domain and Member Name for each Local Group.
- Right Clicking provides the option to Remove From Group.
- This section shows Battery information such as Status, Type, Condition and Estimated Charge Remaining.
Running the System Information Tool Against Multiple Devices
- Shows general information such as Computer Name, Console User, Last Restart Time, Pending Restart, Model and Operating System.
The System Information tool requires the following permissions:
Recast Permissions (running System Information against a single device):
- This action requires the Read Only permission in the System Information plugin. If the Add / Remove Programs tab is desired, the List Software permission under the Installed Software plugin is needed. If the Services tab is desired, the List Services permission in the Services plugin is needed. If the user needs to modify services, the Change Start Mode and Start / Stop / Restart Service permissions in the Services plugin are required. If the user needs to uninstall software from the Add / Remove Programs tab, the Uninstall Software permission from the Installed Software plugin is required. If the user needs to delete user profiles, the Delete Profile permission from the System Information plugin is required. If the user needs to remove local group members, the Update Local Group Membership from the System Information plugin is required.
- This tool requires local administrator permission on the remote device. If using a Recast Server with service account, the service account needs local administrator permission on the remote device. This action uses remote WMI and remote registry to gather data and perform actions on the remote machine.
Recast Permissions (running System Information against multiple devices):
- The System Information tool on multiple devices requires the Read Only permission in the System Information plugin
- This action requires local administrator permissions on the remote devices. If using a Recast Server with service account, the service account needs local administrator permissions on the remote devices. This tool requires remote WMI access.
This tool can be customized using Configure Recast RCT on the System Information tab.
If the remote device is not powered on, each tab will display the following error message: