Client Tools: Client Information
What it does:
The Client Information tool provides several types of information and available actions regarding the ConfigMgr client.
How it does it:
This tool completes the lookup of this data via Remote WMI, Remote SMB, Registry, and Filesystem. There are a selection of permissions required, see the Permission section on this page for more details.
Navigate to the Client Information tool by right clicking on a Device Object, selecting Recast RCT, then Client Tools, and finally selecting Client Information.
There are several tabs and available actions for the Client Information tool. These include:
- General details about the Client including: Version, Site Code, HTTP/HTTPS Ports, Management Points, DNS, Server Locator Port, and GUID.
- A detailed table of the different Components, their version, and whether or not they are enabled.
- This section shows both general information about the cache (Path, Size, and Used Space), and a table with ContentID, Version, Last Used Date/Time, and Location.
- Right clicking on a ContentID value in the table offers options to Show in Explorer or Delete.
- This section has a table of the applications installed on the Client. Includes the Display Name, Install State, Version, Required State, Deadline Date/Time, and Last Evaluation Date/Time.
- Right clicking reveals tools to Install or Uninstall applications.
- This section has a table of past program, package, and task sequence executions with relevant data. The table includes Name, State, User, PackageID, Start Date/Time, Error Codes, and Error Reasons.
- This section shows Boundaries and Boundary Groups information.
The Clear Cache tool requires the following permissions:
- This action requires the Client Information permission in the ConfigMgr Client plugin. If the user needs to start remote application installs or uninstalls from the Applications tab, this requires the Install Application and Uninstall Application permissions in the ConfigMgr Client plugin. If the user needs to change the cache size from the Cache tab, they will require the Change Cache Size permission in the ConfigMgr Client plugin. If the user needs to delete cache items from Cache tab, they will need the Remove Items From Cache permission in the ConfigMgr Client plugin.
- This action requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permission to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr. If using a Recast Server with service account, the service account requires administrator permissions on the remote device and permissions to look up boundaries in ConfigMgr. This tool uses remote WMI. Remote SMB is used when the Open in Explorer right click option is used from the Cache tab.
This tool requires Remote WMI. For more details on Remote WMI in the Right Click Tools, see our FAQ page.
If the remote device is not powered on, each tab will display the following error message: