Client Tools: Clear Cache
What it does:
The Clear Cache tool allows a console user to clear the client cache on a remote device.
How it does it:
This tool completes this action via Remote WMI.
Navigate to the Clear Cache tool by right clicking on a Device Object, selecting Recast RCT, then Client Tools, and finally selecting Clear Cache.
The Clear Cache tool can be run on single devices, multi-selected devices, or with a similar tool designed to be run on a device collection object itself.
When the action is run, the following "Are you sure?" message will open:
The tool will then execute the cache clear return a success prompt when finished.
The Clear Cache tool requires the following permissions:
- Requires the Clear Cache permission from the ConfigMgr Client plugin.
- This action requires Administrator permissions on the remote device.
- If a Recast Server is being used with a Service Account, that account also needs admin permission on the remote device
- Thie action also requires Remote WMI access.
- This action requires access to connect to the C$ share.
This tool requires Remote WMI. For more details on Remote WMI in the Right Click Tools, see our FAQ page.
If the remote device is not powered on, the following error will occur: