Welcome to Recast Software's Technical Documentation
This documentation contains information, detailed guides, and technical details to help you get the most out of your Right Click Tools.
New to Right Click Tools? Here are a few ways to get you started
If you have questions about installation, or would like some guidance installing the Right Click Tools, this is a great place to start.
Right Click Tools Security and Compliance dashboards help you to address common gap areas and provide the tools you need for better compliance. The dashboards are accessed through the Recast Node in Assets and Compliance. There are five dashboards to choose from:
- Active Directory Cleanup Tool The Active Directory Cleanup Tool scans AD and ConfigMgr for devices, and shows you which devices might be orphaned. Clicking on the chart shows you computers in that group that you are able to run RCT Actions on, including tools to manage stale records.
- BitLocker Compliance Bitlocker Compliance shows encryption compliance and Key Protector locations, and from the charts you can click on any computer that needs to be remediated.
- Content Distribution Monitor Discover the content that exists on the Distribution Points in your environment, and take actions to redistribute or verify content from inside this tool.
- Hardware and Firmware Audit Dashboard This Dashboard shows the Chassis, Manufacturer, Model, UEFI Status, SecureBoot Status and Firmware Versions of the computers that are in your environment. In true Right Click Tools fashion you can run actions on the computers that are discovered in this panel.
- LAPS Dashboard The ReLAPS Dashboard shows your environment's compliance with the Local Administrator Password Solution. From the charts you can select specific computers and view the LAPS password as well as expiration date and time.
- Software Update Deployment Status Software Update Deployment Status allows you to create a highly targeted compliance scan and take actions on computers to remediate any compliance issues.
- Kiosk manager makes provisioning or changing kiosk-style devices simple. Navigate to the Kiosk Manager menu by right-clicking on a device or device collection, then selecting Kiosk Manager, and then Manage Profiles. At that time you can run through the wizard to configure your kiosk profile, save and apply the profile on the device(s) of your choosing.
- In over 20 places around the console, you can right click to view status messages about the object you've clicked from. One common use is to help troubleshoot Task Sequence Deployments. Simply right click on a TS deployment and select All Status Messages to query and view Status Messages associated with that deployment. It's a huge time-saver.